The El Paso Child Guidance Center has shifted from a traditional siloed structure of departments to an innovative multi-disciplinary team approach. This shift simply means we've streamlined the client experience; maximized resources; and provide optimal comprehensive care from a diverse set of professionals. The result - teamwork and shared ideas working in tandem leads to better treatments and interventions for our clients.
- A group of different professionals that come from different disciplines, with each of them providing different services to the client.
- Professionals coordinate all services such as therapy, psychiatric services, evaluations, navigation, victim advocacy, case management and more.
- Wraparound approach supports family in holistic and comprehensive approach
- Less trauma to parent/child
- More appropriate interventions
- Efficient use of resources
- Lower burnout rate
- Quicker turnaround time obtaining information
- Shared ideas and professional experience ca lead to better treatment and interventions for the client
- Expedites some referral processes
- An overall larger support system
The El Paso Child Guidance Center (Center) serves children, youth, families and those who support and serve them through quality, innovative evidence -based practices and includes promotion, prevention, intervention, and treatment.
Since 1954, the Center has provided quality therapeutic services for those managing a variety of mental health challenges such as trauma related conditions, grief depression, challenging behaviors, at home and school, parenting concerns, and the stressors of everyday life.
The first step is always the most courageous. Our intake team assists clients with the initial steps of screening, assessment, and registration.
"You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."